Train with theatre professionals in the nation's capital!
Our goal is to hold the Institute in person with safety measures, as needed, in place. That three-week residential experience will run from July 5 – 23, 2021. If we cannot hold the Institute in person, we will offer a modified distance learning experience for two weeks from July 5 – 16. Interested? Possibly interested? Please complete this Inquiry Form.
Choose your major:
Musical Theatre or Drama
July 5 – 23, 2021
Dates and Times: Daily classes will be weekdays from 8:45 am – 4:45 pm. Evening classes, rehearsals, and programming will begin after 6:00 pm. For a sample schedule of the Drama Institute click here.
Location: The Campus of The Catholic University of America
Includes all classes, rehearsals, and workshop activities, as well as meals, housing, linens & pillow, theatre tickets, and bus transportation.
Catholic University's High School Drama Institute is a residential program for students who wish to pursue intensive summer training in the performing arts. Study voice, movement, and acting with experts in the field.
- Increase your ability to develop and demonstrate acting skills that require you to assume and sustain roles, use your voice effectively, and communicate character through movement and gesture.
- Strengthen your singing and dancing skills and prepare for college auditions.
- Draw inspiration from Catholic University instructors and theatre professionals.
- Immerse yourself in theatre and college campus life, collaborating and living with others who share your passion for the performing arts.
Enrollment is limited to 24 students.
- Drama Major: Focus on acting, scenes, and monologues
- Musical Theatre Major: Focus on singing, dancing, and acting
Live On Campus
Students will live in supervised campus residence halls beginning on the Sunday night before the first day of classes and participate in the university meal plan. This three-week program allows students a brief experience of campus life and learning.
Who Should Apply?
This program's focus is on older students who wish to strengthen their performance skills through daily concentrated work while living responsibly in a university setting. You must be a rising junior or senior high school student, or a rising first-year college student.
Fill out the Inquiry Form and we will be in touch.
Admission to Catholic University's High School Drama Institute is by application, teacher recommendation, and personal statement. Make sure to submit all your materials listed here.Learn More
Evening and Weekend Activities
Explore Washington D.C., attend a performance a The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, enjoy an open mic night, a pizza party, living on a university campus, and more!Learn More