The Master of Arts in Theatre Education -- MATE -- degree may be earned completely via online courses. Students meet with the instructor and classmates via video conferencing and submit all assignments electronically.
Designed to specifically accommodate the schedules of working professionals, all online classes are offered in the evenings.
The MATE program accepts applications year-round. Students can start in the Fall, Spring, or Summer. If you have applied or plan to apply, please contact the Head of the Program, Dr. Rosalind Flynn (FLYNN@cua.edu).
If you are or want to be:
- a high school theatre teacher
- a middle school theatre teacher
- an elementary school theatre teacher
- a director of educational theatre productions
- a director of theatre education at a performing arts institution
- a classroom teacher who wants to add arts-integrated drama learning strategies to your teaching repertoire to increase student engagement and comprehension
- a teaching artist in search of an advanced degree that will increase the skills you bring to your education drama residencies
This 30-credit program prepares innovative and effective teacher-leaders who will build and enhance their abilities to develop creativity in young people via the art form of theatre and increase understanding of how the dramatic arts can impact both the curriculum in K-12 schools and in the community.