- Complete the online application
- Be prepared to upload:
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Samples (if required--see below)
*Make sure your upload is successful. If your upload is successful you will see a button that says "view document."
- Identify 3 people for recommendation letters
- Take the GRE - The Catholic University institution code for reporting your score is 5104 (This is a University requirement for all graduate applicants).
Once your application has been reviewed you will be contacted by the Drama Department to schedule a visit to campus. You are invited to observe classes and meet with current students, as well as the Head of the program and the Dept. Chair. You are also encouraged to sit in on a performance or rehearsal.
- Actors will be asked to present 2 two-minute monologues: one classical, one modern, one comic, one serious.
- Directors will be sent instructions for preparing a brief directing exercise to present at the interview, working with students in the department.
- Playwrights are required to submit a writing sample when applying online. Additional samples may be required by the Department. Send what you believe to be your best work.
- Theatre History and Criticism applicants are required to send in one writing sample: either a critical essay or research paper.
- Theater Education applicants are NOT required to send an additional writing sample. What is required: transcripts, statement of purpose, your resume, GRE score, and three letters of recommendation.